Personal information we collect
Information we collect from visitors
Visitors to each of our Web sites can access the Web site's home page, and browse most areas of the site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. TechNova may use Web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information.
- we collect (when you fill out forms)
TechNova asks only for the minimum amount of information needed to assist you.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you ("personal information") or allows us to contact you to provide a product or service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. The personal information we collect may include, without limitation, your name, e-mail address, office address, and phone number.
Visitors registering for services on our Web sites are asked to provide identifying information, such as name and contact information. TechNova Web sites obtain visitors' consent before collecting personally identifiable information.
- Information from outside sources
From time to time we may augment our existing user databases with legally obtained information from third parties. We do this to better target our information offerings and promotional campaigns and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested.
- Other information
TechNova collects Personal Information, which you voluntarily provide to us through responses, when you participate in various opportunities that we provide, for example:
- When you participate in a contest, rebate program or other promotion.
- When you register to receive mailings, such as a product catalog, or e-mail notification such as when a product will become available.
- When you request information or files from technical support or customer service.
- When you fill out query forms, feedback forms etc.
We may combine Personal Information that we collect about you with Personal Information you provide to TechNova through other sources, such as product registrations, inquiries or marketing events.
How we use the information
TechNova maintains the information it receives online in strict confidence; information you submit to TechNova is not sold to or shared with third parties. TechNova reserves the right to notify its customers about administrative matters that pertain to their accounts
TechNova uses personally identifiable information submitted online to:
- Respond to questions from customers or visitors to the website
- Provide customer support
- Share product news, updates, or helpful tips about TechNova products
- Inform users of special promotions
If you choose to give us personal information for any of the purposes above, this information is retained by TechNova and will only be used by TechNova to support your customer relationship with us. For example, we may send you a mailed announcement of product upgrades, special offers, and other new products and services from TechNova. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except to vendors which provide services to TechNova as described in this policy or where we believe we are obligated to provide it under law such as in response to a summons. TechNova may also enhance or merge your information collected on the web site with data from other TechNova sources or third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to you.
Other than as described above, TechNova will not release personally identifiable information to a third party without your consent.
How TechNova handles privacy internally
- Our commitment to security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
- General policies
We have implemented technology and security policies, rules, and other measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. We also protect your information by requiring that all our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
Reliable verification of user identity is called authentication. TechNova uses both passwords and usernames to authenticate users.
- Third parties
In addition to aggregate information, we may share some kinds of information with third parties as described below.
- Companies and people who work for us: Because we are a large company, we contract with other companies and individuals to perform business support functions on our behalf. For example, we may hire companies to analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide customer service or conduct customer survey. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information we maintain about our users. We use our best efforts to limit other companies' use of personally identifiable information.
- Co-branded and Partner Pages: We may share information with partner companies who jointly present special offers or promotions on co-branded pages within our site. You will be notified of this sharing when you are asked to furnish personal data on such a page. The partner's use of any information you submit will be governed by the partner's own privacy notice, which you can review before submitting your information.
- Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this we may use third parties working on behalf of TechNova.
- Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is required to comply with law. When required by law, TechNova will share information with government agencies.
IN NO EVENT WILL TECHNOVA OR ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE, OR FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS FROM THE SITE, EVEN IF TECHNOVA OR ITS AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. NEITHER TECHNOVA NOR ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OR YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE. Some jurisdictions may not allow a limitation or exclusion on damages, so the above may not apply in all circumstances. In no event shall TechNova’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this Site.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last amended on 1/Sep/2012.